Using your personal information to provide you with the service you expect from Cloud 9.
What personal information we collect
The following are the categories of personal information we collect and the period of time we retain personal information for each category:
Identifiers, such as your name, alias, phone number, mailing and email addresses, IP address, account name or other similar identifiers, and ZIP code.
This information is retained for as long as you remain a customer plus as long as necessary for legal reasons or to protect our interests
Commercial information, including purchase and related transaction information, such as payment method (debit or credit card number), items purchased, order status, items in your online shopping cart or those saved for future purchases. This information is retained for as long as you remain a customer plus as long as necessary for legal reasons or to protect our interests.
Information you share during communications and interactions with us, which may include the content of email messages and phone calls.
This information is retained for as long as we need the information to provide service to you.
Demographic information, which may include your ZIP code, and other information about you.
This information is retained for as long as you remain a Cloud 9 customer plus as long as necessary for legal reasons or to protect our interests.
Internet or other electronic network activity information, including internet browsing information, unique device identifiers, device and browser settings and information, interaction with our Website, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our Website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, how you navigate, what you search for on the Website and the items you purchase.
This information is retained for as long as you remain a customer plus as long as necessary for legal reasons or to protect our interests.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in various ways, both directly and indirectly. For example, when you send us postal mail, email our customer care team, fill out a form on our Website or place an order through the Website, we collect your information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information indirectly through automated means, for example, when you interact with our Website, we may use technologies to collect information about how you use the Website.
We collect personal information when you provide it
We may collect personal information directly from you or your device as follows:
- When you create an account, it is necessary for you to provide personal information that includes your name and email address. You may choose to provide us with additional personal information, including billing, mailing, and shipping addresses, phone number, and a payment method (e.g., credit card). You will also create a username and password, information that on subsequent visits helps us confirm your identity and makes it easier for you to make purchases on our Website.
We collect personal information using automated technologies
Personal information is also collected through automated technologies and shared with us when you visit our Website.
We automatically create website and mobile application log files, which are created when you access our Website. In addition, automated data collection technologies—such as cookies, beacons, tags, software development kits (SDK), and scripts—are used by us to analyze trends, administer the Website, and track users' movements around the Website
A "cookie" is a small text file that is stored on an individual's computer and downloaded to the computer or mobile device when they visit a website. Cookies then send information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies are required to make our Website function properly and cannot be turned off in our systems. If you block these cookies, portions of our Website may not function properly.
- Performance and Functional Cookies allow us to count visits and sources of traffic on our Website so we can measure and improve performance and functionality. They help us know which pages of our Website are most and least popular, and how visitors move around the Websites and Apps.
If you wish to opt out of allowing certain cookies, you may do so by changing your browser settings so that cookies from our Website cannot be set. Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your cookie management choices.
How we use personal information
We use personal information, including information that we combine from your interactions with our Website and your device to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We know your personal information is important to you, so we want to be transparent about how we use that information. Here the ways we use your personal information:
- To provide you access to the Website, including to service your account(s) and maintain the security of both.
- To provide you with products and services, including to fulfill your orders, process your payments, and provide you with products and services that we think you will like.
- To respond to or notify you, including when you place an order, obtain information about your credit account, reach out to us with a comment, request or question, consent to a team member emailing or calling you about products and services you have asked about or purchased, and to let you know when an order is ready.
- For analytics, including to understand how you use our Website, how you shop with us, the methods, and devices you use to access our Website, and to make improvements to our Website.
- For business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities, for research, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; to understand your satisfaction with our products and services including the Website; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For legal and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
When we disclose personal information
We may disclose personal information we collect from you to third parties, including service providers, business partners, individuals and other third parties, for various reasons. We may disclose personal information to:
Categories of those we share information with
Service providers delivering products and services directly to you.
Identifiers and commercial information.
Service providers helping us better understand our interactions and transactions with you.
Identifiers, commercial information, contact preference information, demographic information, location or geolocation information, Internet or other electronic network activity information and inferences.
Service providers addressing online and offline fraud and security.
Identifiers, commercial information, demographic information, location or geolocation information and Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Service providers helping us maintain customer accounts and provide customer service.
Identifiers, commercial information, contact preference information, demographic information, and location or geolocation information.
Service providers supporting internal research.
Identifiers, commercial information, product preference information, demographic information, location or geolocation information, device and Internet browsing information and inferences.
Service providers that verify service quality.
Identifiers, commercial information, information you share during communications and interactions with us, and Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Service providers that support our business as allowed by law.
All categories of information referred to in the What personal information we collect section.
Financial services providers, including collection agencies, our banking partner (Wells Fargo) and payment card association members. We may also share your personal information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, defaults, or debt collection.
All categories of information referred to in the What personal information we collect section depending on the circumstance and provider.
Other third parties not otherwise described above, including service providers who assist us in preventing harm or fraud to us, you, our customers or other third parties; law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the How we use information section. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
All categories of information referred to in the What personal information we collect section depending on the circumstance and party.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our affiliates, agents, service providers, business partners or other third parties for their marketing or analytics uses or for any other lawful purpose. This type of information cannot be used to identify you personally.
Note that it is our policy to require that third parties we share your personal information with protect that information consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
Your options and legal disclosures
We recognize that you want choice not only in the products and services we offer but also in how your personal information is used and shared. We currently offer the following choices and options:
- Viewing your personal information. You can access your name, email address, billing address, shipping addresses, payment methods, transaction information (orders, purchases, and returns), and email by logging into your account on the Website.
- Updating your personal information. You can also correct or update your name, email, billing or shipping addresses, and payment methods by logging into your account on the Website. You may also make a request to update your personal information by contacting us for assistance.
Additional rights in specific jurisdictions. For our customers residing in California, state law grants you additional rights under applicable law. You, or your legally designated representative, may submit a request to exercise your rights by contacting us.
Rest assured, Cloud 9 Merchandising, Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against you if you elect to exercise any legally available rights as described in this Policy. If you would like an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions and additional information we need to respond to a request when submitted by a legally authorized agent.
Identity verification requirement. The law requires that we validate the identity and legal authority associated with certain personal information requests. As a result, we may require that you take additional steps to validate your identity and legal authority where you make a request in writing (email or postal mail). Your request will be considered validated once you have completed the email validation process or submitted additional information as requested. Should you fail to confirm your request within the relevant timeframe and/or fail to provide the additional information requested, your request will be considered unvalidated and closed.
We will provide a response to any personal information request within the timeframe required by law. If we cannot substantively respond to your request in a timely manner, we will notify you and provide the reason for the delay.
Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill your request, such as when doing so would interfere with our regulatory or legal obligations, where we cannot verify your identity, or if your request involves disproportionate cost or effort. But we will respond to your request within a reasonable time, as required by law, and provide an explanation.
For our customers residing in California
California law requires that we provide certain disclosures, including a description of legal rights, to those who reside in the state of California. If you are a California resident and a Cloud 9 customer, this section applies in addition to all other applicable rights and information contained in this Policy.
California disclosures. Please see the What personal information we collect and When we disclose personal information sections above for information about the categories of personal information we collect and categories of recipients to which we have disclosed such information over the preceding 12 months.
Your California rights. As a California resident, you have the right to request:
- To know more about and access your personal information.
- That we correct your personal information that is inaccurate.
- That we delete your personal information.
California law also gives you the right to request that we limit the use of your "sensitive" personal information. Cloud 9 does not use any sensitive personal information to make inferences about you and uses sensitive personal information only for reasons permitted by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The rights granted to you under California law may provide us with exceptions to fulfilling your request, including where we need to retain the information to fulfill a legal obligation, complete a transaction with you, prevent fraud or any other purpose permitted by law.
Should you wish to appeal a determination we have made with regard to your personal information request, send an email to email@example.com within 14 days of receiving a final response from us. Include "Data Subject Rights Appeal" in the subject line of your email, and provide your name, the original request case number, the email address associated with your request and any relevant information for us to investigate your appeal. We will provide a response to your request for an appeal within a reasonable time and in accordance with applicable law.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Cloud 9 Merchandising, Inc.
19043 Mesa Drive
Villa Park, CA 92861
1.714. 637. 0909
If you're not comfortable shopping through the Website and would prefer to make your purchase via telephone, just give us a call at 1.714.637.0909. Our Customer Service representatives will be happy to assist you.
Updates to this policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time, and we may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law.